Magento Open Source version 2.4.5 is currently ready for use with 290 major fixes and improvements. Platform quality, GraphQL caching performance, payment options, and accessibility all experience upgrades in the newest Magento 2.4.5 release.
All Magento merchants should update your stores as soon as possible to take advantage of Magento 2.4.5’s new features and improvements rather than waiting till tomorrow. For all Magento themes, Magento extensions developers, you can update your products to Magento 2.4.5 now to offer your customers the high quality products with latest technology.
20 security fixes and platform security upgrades are included in this version. Backports of this security update have been made to Magento Open Source versions 2.4.4 and 2.3.7.
Additional security enhancements
This release’s security enhancements make it easier to follow the most recent security best practices, including:
- reCAPTCHA support has been added to the Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms.
- ACL resources have been added to Inventory.
- Inventory template security has been enhanced.
MaliciousCodefilter has been upgraded to use the
Platform enhancements & upgrades
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 now supports:
- Composer 2.2
- TinyMCE (5.10.2)
- jQueryUI (1.13.1)
PHPStan(^1.5.7 with constraint)
- DHL Integration schema v6.2
- The default Gateway URL for USPS shipping has been updated to use
Froogalooplibrary has been replaced with the Vimeo
grunt-eslint(NPM) library has been upgraded to the latest version.
jQuery Storagelibraries have been replaced with
phpcsstatic code analysis tools are now compatible with PHP 8.x.
glob.jsdependency (upgraded with constraint to ~7.2.0)
serve-static.jsdependency (upgraded with constraint ~1.14.2)
underscore.jsdependency (NPM) (1.14.2)
- The library
jquery/jquery-cookiehas been replaced with
jaralax-video.jslibraries have been updated to use the latest version of the Vimeo REST API.
The purpose of this version was to improve the perception, usability, comprehension, and robustness of the retail experience on Venia (PWA). Among these improvements are:
- Search results summary information is now announced to screen reader users
- Screen readers are now informed when a new page view loads
- Contrast and keyboard accessibility have been improved
The release of Magento 2.4.5 includes features for SEO experts as well. The Search Engine Optimization of the website will benefit from the latest developments in Magento 2.4.5.
The built-in modules for Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 will make it easier to integrate with Google Products and Services. The possibilities for tracking and integrating with Google Services will grow as a result.
- Quicker GraphQL schema rebuilding for developers and admins.
- Improved website load times thanks to GraphQL schema rewriting.
The GraphQL API now has the ability to use JSON Web Tokens to get the authorization token’s expiration time and date (JWT).
- Only use class proxies to launch session cookies during GraphQL operations.
- Removal of session support from GraphQL’s store, customer, and currency HTTP header processors.
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is compatible with Page Builder version 1.7.2. These improvements are included in the Page Builder column layout:
- Columns are now exposed, permitting users to control column settings on the storefront.
- Column resizing now supports wrapping triggered by user actions.
All businesses operating installations with Payment Services enabled may now accept Apple Pay. Customers do not need to provide their credit or debit card information to use this payment option. The product information page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout process all support Apple Pay. This functionality can be turned on by retailers.
- Merchants in Spain and Italy can now offer PayPal Pay Later to shoppers.
- Previews of the PayPal, Credit and Pay Later buttons are now available in the Admin for the checkout, minicart, cart, and product pages. Previews reveal how these buttons will look when they are enabled and rendered on the storefront.
- Braintree has discontinued the KOUNT fraud protection integration. It has been removed from the Magento Open Source codebase.
- The Always request 3DS option has been added to the Admin.
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is compatible with PWA Studio v.12.5.x with new features:
- Shopper behavior data is collected on PWA Studio storefront for web analytics services. Merchants can now subscribe and extend these events as needed.
- Merchants can now select a service to deploy from the Admin (Google Tag Manager).
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 Bug Fixes
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 comes with hundreds of issues in the core code fixed. These fixes are available in:
- Installation, upgrade, deployment
- Bundle products
- Cart and checkout
- Cart price rule
- Configurable products
- And many others…
View full list of bug fixes HERE.
As a result, Magento Open Source 2.4.5 is available with a full set of brand-new features and improvements. It is encouraged that you upgrade your Magento shop as soon as possible to improve security, functionality, and features. If you don’t upgrade to Magento Open Source 2.4.5 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5, your store will lag behind its competitors.
If you need Magento customization or update your store to latest Magento Open Source 2.4.5, we can help. Please contact us via the support page